10.23.2006

i'm riiiiich, beyotch!

one of my clients is super late on my payment and owes me $550. i know it's not a *huge* amount of money ... but come ON. that's exactly why i should be paid promptly! it's only $550!!!!!!!

of course, said client just lost the editorial director for its hoity-toity-supposedly-groundbreaking-wondrous new arts glossy. and the megalomaniacal owner of the media company that operates said client just spent a gazillion dollars on a new european compound for herself, but apparently does not think it important to pay her freelancers. i have two friends employed by said client, so there's more to worry about than just my money. i worry for their jobs. so, i know it's bigger than me and the several other freelancers that are missing their paychecks. said client has many issues.

but still. gimme mah money, bitches!

$550! that's half a month of rent! half my ticket to visit my family! more than a month's worth of groceries! 2 months worth of cell phone, cable, electric and gas bills! 7 metrocards! or even ... 3 pairs of overpriced jeans! 5 of those luscious tufi duek cashmere cardigans! 2 kitchenaid stand mixers! 4 necklaces from the frank gehry tiffany collection! one of those cute assymmetrical sporty marc jacobs jackets for winter! a sleek new theory suit! one-quarter of my way to my much-lusted after white leather valentino tote bag! a 5-piece le creuset cooking set! a year's worth of wine club membership to chelsea wines! or ... THIRTY lipglosses, balms, stains, plumpers, fillers, pencils!

not that i ever think about buying those items. not that i even think about, or even longingly would ever spend that money on anything so frivolous as lipgloss or a $2000 bag or a $250 sunshiney yellow stand mixer when i could feed myself for almost two goddamn months on that money. so seriously. PAY ME, YOU NUMNUTS!!!!! i've sliced people for less.

in other news, after an experience with a bosc pear at lunch, i've decided i only enjoy crunchy pears in salads, not as a main event. i have also re-confirmed that my family is certifiable and that i am going to be the only sane influence on my gorgeous nephew, that my nam-ja is wonderful and astonishing, and that any and all hurts can be healed with a 7-hour brunch with the three most phenomenal women in the world. yay, chosen few.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home