8.04.2006

que hora son, mi corazon?

me gusta sonar, me gustas tu.
me gusta la mar, me gustas tu.

newest addiction ... manu chao.

y me gustan los libros. here's a survey, lifted from CK, also known as hyungi:

0ne book that changed your life?
darkness visible by william styron. i think maybe it actually saved my life.

one book you have read more than once?
i've reread all my favorites a couple times ... the most dog-eared are probably the constructor by john koethe and a thousand acres by jane smiley.

one book you would want on a desert island?
the collected poems of kenneth koch by kenneth koch.

one book that made you laugh?
lies and the lying liars that tell them by al franken.

one book that made you cry?
i wept, wept, i mean wept, when i read les miserables by victor hugo. the amazing thing was that while i was weeping and reading, sitting in my parents' convenience store as an emotional, chubby 14-year-old, my dad came up to me and hugged me and said, "it's okay. i cried when i read it, too."

one book you wish had been written?
half pint: the dark side of laura ingalls wilder by almanzo wilder.

one book you wish had never been written?
a night without armor by jewel.

book you are currently reading?
what's the matter with kansas by thomas frank.

one book you have been meaning to read?
a year of magical thinking by joan didion.


me gusta la lluvia, me gustas tu.
me gusta volver, me gustas tu ...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

darkness visible - amazing book on so many levels.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Amy S. Choi said...

a dream ... with a flute in it somewhere, and a wild goose, and a dancing girl.

who are you, hirsute? i know you're one of hyungi's very literate friends ... :)

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home